Jitendar P Vij
Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd
4838/24 Ansari Road, Daryaganj, New Delhi - 110002, India, +91-11-43574357
B-3 EMCA House, 23/23B Ansari Road, Daryaganj, New Delhi - 110 002, India
Phones: +91-11-23272143, +91-11-23272703, +91-11-23282021 +91-11-23245672, Rel: +91-11-32558559 Fax: +91-11-23276490, +91-11-23245683
- 2/B, Akruti Society, Jodhpur Gam Road SatelliteAhmedabad 380 015, Phones: +91-79-26926233, Rel: +91-79-32988717Fax: +91-79-26927094, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 202 Batavia Chambers, 8 Kumara Krupa Road, Kumara Park EastBengaluru 560 001 Phones: +91-80-22285971, +91-80-22382956, 91-80-22372664Rel: +91-80-32714073, Fax: +91-80-22281761 e-mail: email@example.com
- 282 IIIrd Floor, Khaleel Shirazi Estate, Fountain Plaza, Pantheon RoadChennai 600 008, Phones: +91-44-28193265, +91-44-28194897, Rel: +91-44-32972089Fax: +91-44-28193231 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4-2-1067/1-3, 1st Floor, Balaji Building, Ramkote Cross Road,Hyderabad 500 095, Phones: +91-40-66610020, +91-40-24758498Rel:+91-40-32940929, Fax:+91-40-24758499 e-mail: email@example.com
- No. 41/3098, B & B1, Kuruvi Building, St. Vincent RoadKochi 682 018, Kerala Phones: +91-484-4036109, +91-484-2395739 +91-484-2395740 Fax: +91-484-2395740 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1-A Indian Mirror Street, Wellington SquareKolkata 700 013 Phones: +91-33-22651926, +91-33-22276404+91-33-22276415, Rel: +91-33-32901926 Fax: +91-33-22656075e-mail: email@example.com
- Lekhraj Market III, B-2, Sector-4, Faizabad Road, Indira NagarLucknow 226 016 Phones: +91-522-3040553, +91-522-3040554Fax: +91-522-3040553 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 106 Amit Industrial Estate, 61 Dr SS Rao Road, Near MGM Hospital, ParelMumbai 400 012 Phones: +91-22-24124863, +91-22-24104532, Rel: +91-22-32926896 Fax: +91-22-24160828e-mail: email@example.com
- “KAMALPUSHPA” 38, Reshimbag, Opp. Mohota Science College, Umred RoadNagpur 440 009 (MS), Phone: Rel: +91-712-3245220, Fax: +91-712-2704275e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1745, Pheasant Run Drive, Maryland Heights (Missouri), MO 63043, USA, Ph: 001-636-6279734
Basics in Human Anatomy
© 2008, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers
All rights reserved. No part of this publication should be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means: electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the authors and the publisher.
First Edition: 2008
Typeset at JPBMP typesetting unit
Printed at Ajanta Offset & Packagins Ltd., New DelhiPreface
Anatomy is a vast subject. Learning the structure of each and every part of the human body separately is impossible. The books which are usually followed by the paramedical students at present, contain anatomy, physiology and biochemistry in combination which they find difficult to study. This book contains a simplified version of all systems and it is hoped that this will be understood by all paramedical students.
The text is simple and the line diagrams are easy to follow. Each chapter starts with a list of topics covered and ends with a list of most frequently asked questions. The gross, microscopic and applied anatomical features of each system are given together so that it becomes easy for the students to understand and correlate.
We have tried to present a comprehensive overview of anatomy required by the paramedical students. We have also added a section of general embryology to make the book a complete guide for students and hope that this book will be of great help to them.
The responsibilities of mistakes and omissions, if any, are ours alone. Suggestions from students and our colleagues are welcome.
Vani Vijay Rao
We express our appreciation to our colleagues and friends for their valuable contribution and discussion during the period of preparation of the manuscript.
We express our grateful thanks to Dr. Prem Pais, Dean, SJMC, and Father Thomas Kalam, Director, SJMC for having granted permission to author the book.
We express our heartfelt thanks to Dr. Balasubramanyam V, HOD and the staff of the Department of Anatomy, SJMC for their support and guidance.
We would like to acknowledge Mr PL Jatla for his help rendered for the illustrations.
We would like to acknowledge Sujatha Narayan, Tutor, Dept. of Anatomy, SJMC for her help.
We express our grateful thanks to M/s Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers for the publication of this book.