Jitendar P Vij
Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd
EMCA House, 23/23B Ansari Road, Daryaganj
New Delhi 110 002, India
Phones: 23272143, 23272703, 23282021, 23245672
Fax: 91-11-23276490, 23245683
Visit our website: www.jaypeebrothers.com
- 202 Batavia Chambers, 8 Kumara Kruppa RoadKumara Park East, Bangalore 560 001, Phones: 2228597122382956 Tele Fax: 22281761 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 282 IIIrd Floor, Khaleel Shirazi Estate, Fountain PlazaPantheon Road, Chennai 600 008, Phone: 8262665 Fax: 8262331e-mail: email@example.com
- 4-2-1067/1-3, 1st Floor, Balaji BuildingRamkote Cross Road, Hyderabad 500 095Phones: 6590020, 4758498 Fax: 4758499e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1A Indian Mirror Street, Wellington SquareKolkata 700 013, Phone: 2451926 Fax: 2456075e-mail: email@example.com
- 106 Amit Industrial Estate, 61 Dr SS Rao RoadNear MGM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai 400 012Phones: 24124863, 24104532 Fax: 24160828e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Step by Step Basic Paediatric Laparoscopic Surgery
© 2004, Sanjay Oak, Sandesh Parelkar
All rights reserved. No part of this publication should be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means: electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the authors and the publisher.
First Edition: 2004
Typeset at JPBMP typesetting unit
Printed at Gopsons Papers Ltd. A-14 Sector 60, NoidaPreface
Minimal Access Surgery (MAS) in Paediatric Surgery is here to stay. Gone is the era when one used to debate and dabble in the arguments about its applicability to children. The rapid strides in instrumentation and the safe, spreading net of anesthesia has made Minimal Access Surgery in children user friendly, reliable and rewarding. In Paediatric Surgery, we always believed in doing the right thing, at the right time, in the right way. MAS has extended to surgeons- an opportunity to be dexterous, to eliminate errors, to develop resources and to build teams. Above all MAS has taught surgeons to be satisfied with nothing short of excellence and perfection.
We are aware that there are still a large number of fellow surgical colleagues who are not following the path of MAS. Their inability stems from practical difficulties like – resource crunch, want of infrastructure, lack of formal training in MAS, absence of a proximate guide and red tapism of public sector. We have gone through all these phases. All adverse and depressing influences can be overcome; not by fighting but by rising above them. The most important aspect is your own attitude. Please remember Improvement begins with “I”. So if you can dream, you can do it.
This Book Step By Step Series of Basic Paediatric Laparoscopic Surgery is designed keeping your background in mind. It will therefore assist you in updating your infrastructure and then teach you the basic nuances of MAS. It will describe basic operative procedures which will instill the necessary confidence in you – that YOU CAN DO IT.
To see the things in a seed ……….that is vision.
We are thankful to Mr. Jitender P Vij, Chairman and Managing Director of Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd. who suggested us the form and the format of this title and sowed the seed.
Endoscopic surgery has come like a tempest. It will surf, swindle and sweep those who would try to resist it. Remember, if we can not change the wind…,it's time to adjust our sails.