Aims & Scope
World Journal of Dentistry (WJD), an official publication of International Association of General Dentistry (IAGD), is a masterpiece ledger in dental research fraternity facilitating real-time peer-reviewed information on the subject. Its scope covers high quality and rationale research pertaining to the benefit of dental sciences, especially detailing the applied clinical aspect. The journal policies are directed to publish research applicable to the work field of a general dentist; the facts, thereby, can be utilized for the best welfare of the end users, i.e. patients.
World journal of dentistry does not limit itself to any specialization and, therefore, interests a wide range of readers throughout the globe. It also recognizes potential research establishing correlations between dental and general health, thereby giving due consideration to applied aspects of medical sciences over dentistry. Since its inception in 2010, the journal has invited manuscripts for submission from all over the world with prompt and prominence acceptance to interventional and longitudinal studies. The journal is committed to publish uncommon work in the state of the art and abide by international publication and IAGD policies for ethical demarcation and due standardization.
Ownership and Management
World Journal of Dentistry (WJD) is owned and managed under the auspices of International Association of General Dentistry (IAGD), JAYPEE being the publisher.
Peer Review Process
World Journal of Dentistry strictly (WJD) wishes to communicate to all its readers, contributors, authors and co-authors and other concerned not to indulge in any form of plagiarism. The Editorial Board and the Review Committee has decided to take a Serious View in the above matter and shall resort to appropriate action as and when required. Application of the peer-review process is an indication of journal standards and signifies the overall quality and integrity of the research presented and the completeness of bibliographic elements, especially cited references.
Inclusion of Funding Acknowledgements is also strongly recommended. Not only do they help create a greater context for the journal, they also function as a confirmation of the importance of the research presented.
Each manuscript submitted to World Journal of Dentistry if found to be suitable will be sent to atleast 2 reviewers for peer reviewing.
“A DOUBLE BLINDED PEER REVIEW PROCESS IS STRICTLY FOLLOWED”
- The reviewer comments shall be intimated to the corresponding authors email
- The corresponding author should resubmit the manuscript with the corrections within 5 days
Each Manuscript shall be evaluated on the following basis:
- The originality of its contribution
- The soundness of its theory and methodology
- The coherence of its analysis
- Its ability to communicate to readers (Grammar & style)
Peer Review Policies adhered to by WJOUD:
- Appointment of at least two independent reviewers for each scientific article
- Reviewers required declaring no conflict of interest
- Reviews provided in a written form and containing explicit conclusion regarding acceptance/rejection of the article for publication
- Non-disclosure of the names of reviewers in individual journal issues
Information for Authors
Generally, the receipt of a manuscript will be acknowledged within 2 days of submission. All manuscripts are subject to peer review by the Editorial board and are expected to meet standards of academic excellence.
Submissions will be considered by an editor and if not rejected by peer-reviewers, whose identities will remain anonymous to the authors and vice versa.
The handling editor will not disclose any information about a manuscript or its review to anyone except the manuscript’s corresponding author.
The corresponding author will usually be notified within 2 weeks of whether the submitted article is accepted for publication, rejected, or subject to revision before acceptance. If revisions are required, authors are asked to return a revised manuscript to the Editorial Office via online within 1 week.
Information for Reviewer’s
In reviewing an article for World Journal of Dentistry we are interested in the overall opinion of the article and any comments you might wish to pass to the author to assist him/her in making the article publishable.
The editor would appreciate atleast one paragraph indicating why this paper makes a contribution to our knowledge. If it does not, your frank and candid opinion of why not would be most welcome.
Guidelines for Conducting the Review
Most important factors that must be considered by a reviewer are:
- The article must match the area of expertise of the reviewer
- It’s important to give a fair time to review an article so time is another constraint.
- The manuscripts must not be shared with anyone by your own
- Different people have different perceptions. Read an article and make sure that your review is in accordance to the article as well as need of the journal
- You must hold your points with firm logical reasons
- Your comments must be reasonable.
Communicating your report to the editor
- The main parts of articles should be kept in mind while writing your report. It should not be very lengthy.
- Specifying and matching the article with standard of journal is must.
- The report has to be shared with the editor.
- While making recommendations (either you reject or accept or give it for revising) keep in mind the general observation too.
Deadline for completion of peer-review
Timely review and timely publication always give professional advantages and so it becomes important to meet the deadlines and send the report within the time period. The process of reviewing the article along with recommendations must be done within 14 days. Exceeding that will lead to delay in editor’s decision.
World Journal of Dentistry (WJOUD) publishes bi-Monthly focussing on aspects of the basics research applicable to the work field of a general dentist.
Digital Preservation / Archiving:
WJOUD provides for long-term digital preservation through PORTICO
Portico is a leading digital preservation service worldwide. The content is preserved as an archival version and is not publically accessible via Portico, but is provided when required under specific conditions, such as discontinuation of the collection or catastrophic failure of the website.
Indexing and Abstracting
The journal is indexed with, or included in, the following:
ProQuest, Scopus, EBSCO, Genamics Journal Seek, Ulrich, HINARI, J Gate, Google Scholar, SJR, IIFS, OAJI, MIAR, DRJI, ICI, Microsoft Academic, PORTICO
The authors hold the copyright of all the editorial content published in this journal from now. All material can be used in part and full for non-commercial output after providing appropriate attribution to the original content of the journal and a link to the licence (CC-BY-NC 4.0). It is mandatory for authors to submit the manuscript along with Commercial Rights Transfer Form.
All open access articles published in WJOUD are distributed under the terms of the CC-BY-NC 4.0 license (Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial 4.0 International License) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, for non-commercial purposes, provided the original work is properly cited. Under Creative Commons, authors retain copyright in their articles.
Open Access Policy
A comprehensive outlook on open access policy that we follow:
Open access refers to the practice of making peer-reviewed scholarly research and literature freely available online to anyone interested in reading it without any restriction. This Open access publications are freely and permanently available online to anyone with an internet access. Unrestricted use, distribution and reproduction in any medium (which is non-commercial) is permitted, provided the author/editor is properly attributed. All the periodicals are deposited immediately upon publication, without any technical, financial, gender limitations, in an agreed format on the journal website as well as archiving and indexing databases as applicable to a journal. All articles are self-archiving, with world-wide access through DOI (Digital Object Identifier) - standardized by the International Organization for Standardization, provided for individual article published.
We are fully archived on PORTICO.
Why open access publishing?
Restricted access to scientific research and advancements through subscription pay wall hinders communication within the scientific community. Moreover, restricted access can also hinder the education and dissemination of scientific knowledge to the aspiring younger generations who are keen to pursue a career in science. Increased productivity and development of science can only be achieved by diffusing knowledge and providing the facilities for creating permanent repositories such as Open Access.
The use of a Creative Commons 4.0 License (CC-BY-NC 4.0) enables user/reader/peer to use the content with clear permission in a way that it can be reused and redistributed as long as the article source is appropriately given credit for non-commercial purpose.
Self-Archiving Policy for Authors
Jaypee Journals follow the policy of open access under the CC-BY-NC 4.0 licence.
Policies and embargo periods may vary from Journal to Journal. Unless otherwise stated on the Journal website author instructions page.
Authors may self-archive versions of their work on their own webpages, on institutional webpages, and in other repositories.
Abstract and Citation information
Authors may reuse the Abstract and how to cite information (e.g. Title, Author name, Publication dates) of their article anywhere at any time including social media such as Facebook, blogs and Twitter, providing a proper acknowledgment is offered and wherever possible a link including the DOI number is included linking back to the article on the Journal/JAYPEE JOURNALS website. This is available in how to cite information on the article online.
Submitted version (SV) is recognized as the un-refereed author version of an article completed before submission for submission to a journal. This is often referred to as the “preprint” version. The author accepts full responsibility for the article, and the content and layout is set out by the author.
Authors may not make their for-submission version available anywhere at any time. This inhibits posting on their own personal websites, institutional or non-commercial subject based repositories, commercial platforms websites or repositories, and or social media.
The accepted manuscript (AM) is the final draft author manuscript, as accepted for publication by a journal, including modifications based on referees’ suggestions, it is excluding copy editing and type setting and is often referred to as post-print version. JAYPEE JOURNALS carries this version on ready for production tab.
- Immediately upload their AM to their own personal webpage (excluding commercial websites and repositories)
- Immediately upload their AM to their institutional or other non-commercial subject based repositories on the provision that it is not made publicly available until after the specified embargo period (as may be applicable)
In the journals where embargo period is applicable the authors after the completion of the embargo period may:
- Upload their AM to institutional repository or other non-commercial repositories and make it publicly available.
- Accepted Manuscripts may not be uploaded or shared on commercial websites or repositories, unless the website or repository has signed a licensing agreement with JAYPEE JOURNALS permitting such uploading or sharing.
WJOUD is an open access journal which follows the Embargo period of 6 months.
When uploading an accepted manuscript to a repository, authors should include the following acknowledgment as well as a link to the accepted version. This will connect the published version to the AM version in the repository and help ensure that the article is cited correctly.
This is a pre-copyedited, author-produced version of an article accepted for publication in [insert journal title] following peer review. This accepted Version [insert complete citation information here] is available online at: xxxxxxx [insert URL and DOI of the article on the Journal website].
Published Version (PV) is defined here as the final typeset and edited version of the journal article that has been made available by JAYPEE JOURNALS on the respective journal website by formally and exclusively putting the article either in ‘online first’ or releasing it as a part of the complete issue of that journal.
The PV as it appears in the journal following copyediting and proof correction may not be deposited by authors in institutional repositories or posted to third party websites and made publicly available unless the article is published on an Open Access model licence (CC-BY-NC 4.0) that allows for such posting. Authors may share their PV with private groups within their institution or through private groups on non-commercial repositories that are signatories to the STM Voluntary principles for article sharing on Scholarly Collaboration Networks (SCN). The PV may not be uploaded or shared on commercial websites or repositories unless the website or repository has signed an agreement with JAYPEE JOURNALS permitting such uploading or sharing.
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
This Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement is based on the Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors as per Committee on Publication Ethics, 2011, ICMJE & WAME. Please visit Policy page for greater details.
- Jaypee Journals carry advertisements both digitally and in print. All these commercially sponsored advertisements are independent from editorial decisions.
- Jaypee Journals do not endorse any product or service marked as an advertisement or promoted by a sponsor in any of our publications. Editorial content is not compromised by commercial or financial interests, or by any specific arrangements with advertising clients or sponsors.
- Jaypee Journals reserves the right to decline any type of advertising that is damaging to the brand or is inappropriate to the content or deceptive or misleading. It should be verifiable. Advertisements should not claim extravagantly.
- Advertisements will not be accepted if they appear to be indecent or offensive in either text or artwork, or if they relate to content of a personal, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation, or religious nature.
- Jaypee Journals will not accept advertising for products or services known to be harmful to health (e.g. tobacco and alcohol products).
- Even if the advertisement has been implemented online, it will be withdrawn from the journal site at any time if the Jaypee Journals feel it's inappropriate.
- The product advertorial will not allow any treatment-specific or drug-specific campaign to be targeted to a specific article(s) or on any page where content relates to the product(s) is being advertised.
- Advertisers should make available to Jaypee Journals the marketing authorization and summary of product characteristics when submitting their advertisement. In the case of drug advertisements, the full generic name of each active ingredient should be clearly stated.
- Editorial decisions will not be influenced by current or potential sponsors and advertisers and will not be influenced by marketing decisions.
- Information about complaints concerning advertisements will be included in the Advertisements page.