Aims & Scope
International Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry (IJCPD) is an open access peer-reviewed journal launched in 2012 with the aims:
- To promote the practice, education and research specifically related to the Pediatric Dentistry.
- To advance the science and art of Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry.
- To promote the exchange of current and innovative procedures as well as basic and clinical research in all areas.
- Focus on clinical research to enable researchers and scientists to communicate their findings to the rest of the community.
- To promote student's research in Pediatric Dentistry.
- To promote optimal oral health and oral healthcare for children.
Ownership and Management
International Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry (IJCPD) is owned and managed under the auspices of Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers.
Peer Review Process
All manuscripts undergo a Double-blinded review process. It is ensured that the reviewers are unaware of the names of the authors or the institutes where the research is conducted. The article once submitted will undergo a thorough plagiarism check and an initial check is conducted to ensure that all author instructions are complied with and the guidelines for submission are followed. The manuscript may be returned to the author for corrections, if required to conform to the journal instructions. Once, the article is confirmed, it will undergo editorial review within 1 week. Following this it will then be sent for peer review, which takes 6-8 weeks and the authors will receive the mail from the Editor stating the final decision of the manuscript.
Managing editor who runs the first level of material check processes the manuscript for all components and approves for moving to the next level. On the next level it is checked for suitability for the core readers of IJCPD by the Editor-in-Chief. Once found suitable, it is assigned to one of the Associate Editors on the editorial board. If the language and the grammar are incorrect, it will be sent first to the Scientific Language editor, who may suggest changes. If this happens, the manuscript will be sent back to the author for corrections and resubmission. Manuscripts not found suitable will not be sent out for review and will be immediately rejected, and authors informed. For articles describing original research in humans and animals, a letter of approval from the Institutional Ethics Committee must accompany these manuscripts or a letter stating that the Institutional Review Board had waived the need for informed consent.
All research shall be conducted as per the World Medical Association Declaration of Helsinki Ethical Principles for Medical Research Involving Human Subjects. (modified in 1983 - see https://www.wma.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/DoH-Oct2013-JAMA.pdf). The research must adhere to the 5 principles of ethics of research: informed consent, voluntary participation, privacy and confidentiality, justice, and beneficence, and right to review.
International Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry (IJCPD) publishes Bi-monthly focussing on aspects of case reports of innovative techniques, new instructional methodologies and instructive clinical reports with an interdisciplinary flair.
Digital Preservation / Archiving:
IJCPD provides for long-term digital preservation through PORTICO
Portico is a leading digital preservation service worldwide. The content is preserved as an archival version and is not publically accessible via Portico, but is provided when required under specific conditions, such as discontinuation of the collection or catastrophic failure of the website.
Indexing and Abstracting
The journal is indexed with, or included in, the following:
PubMed, ProQuest, EBSCO, Genamics Journal Seek, Ulrich, HINARI, J Gate, Google Scholar, ICI, I20R, DRJI, Microsoft Academics, SCOPUS, PORTICO
The authors hold the copyright of all the editorial content published in this journal from now. All material can be used in part and full for non-commercial output after providing appropriate attribution to the original content of the journal and a link to the licence (CC-BY-NC 4.0). It is mandatory for authors to submit the manuscript along with Commercial Rights Transfer Form.
All open access articles published in IJCPD are distributed under the terms of the CC-BY-NC 4.0 license (Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial 4.0 International License) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, for non-commercial purposes, provided the original work is properly cited. Under Creative Commons, authors retain copyright in their articles.
Open Access Policy
A comprehensive outlook on open access policy that we follow:
Open access refers to the practice of making peer-reviewed scholarly research and literature freely available online to anyone interested in reading it without any restriction. This Open access publications are freely and permanently available online to anyone with an internet access. Unrestricted use, distribution and reproduction in any medium (which is non-commercial) is permitted, provided the author/editor is properly attributed. All the periodicals are deposited immediately upon publication, without any technical, financial, gender limitations, in an agreed format on the journal website as well as archiving and indexing databases as applicable to a journal. All articles are self-archiving, with world-wide access through DOI (Digital Object Identifier) - standardized by the International Organization for Standardization, provided for individual article published.
We are fully archived on PORTICO.
Why open access publishing?
Restricted access to scientific research and advancements through subscription pay wall hinders communication within the scientific community. Moreover, restricted access can also hinder the education and dissemination of scientific knowledge to the aspiring younger generations who are keen to pursue a career in science. Increased productivity and development of science can only be achieved by diffusing knowledge and providing the facilities for creating permanent repositories such as Open Access.
The use of a Creative Commons 4.0 License (CC-BY-NC 4.0) enables user/reader/peer to use the content with clear permission in a way that it can be reused and redistributed as long as the article source is appropriately given credit for non-commercial purpose.
Self-Archiving Policy for Authors
Jaypee Journals follow the policy of open access under the CC-BY-NC 4.0 licence.
Policies and embargo periods may vary from Journal to Journal. Unless otherwise stated on the Journal website author instructions page.
Authors may self-archive versions of their work on their own webpages, on institutional webpages, and in other repositories.
Abstract and Citation information
Authors may reuse the Abstract and how to cite information (e.g. Title, Author name, Publication dates) of their article anywhere at any time including social media such as Facebook, blogs and Twitter, providing a proper acknowledgment is offered and wherever possible a link including the DOI number is included linking back to the article on the Journal/JAYPEE JOURNALS website. This is available in how to cite information on the article online.
Submitted version (SV) is recognized as the un-refereed author version of an article completed before submission for submission to a journal. This is often referred to as the “preprint” version. The author accepts full responsibility for the article, and the content and layout is set out by the author.
Authors may not make their for-submission version available anywhere at any time. This inhibits posting on their own personal websites, institutional or non-commercial subject based repositories, commercial platforms websites or repositories, and or social media.
The accepted manuscript (AM) is the final draft author manuscript, as accepted for publication by a journal, including modifications based on referees’ suggestions, it is excluding copy editing and type setting and is often referred to as post-print version. JAYPEE JOURNALS carries this version on ready for production tab.
- Immediately upload their AM to their own personal webpage (excluding commercial websites and repositories)
- Immediately upload their AM to their institutional or other non-commercial subject based repositories on the provision that it is not made publicly available until after the specified embargo period (as may be applicable)
In the journals where embargo period is applicable the authors after the completion of the embargo period may:
- Upload their AM to institutional repository or other non-commercial repositories and make it publicly available.
- Accepted Manuscripts may not be uploaded or shared on commercial websites or repositories, unless the website or repository has signed a licensing agreement with JAYPEE JOURNALS permitting such uploading or sharing.
Some of the JAYPEE JOURNALS may have Embargo periods however, this isn't applicable to IJCPD.
When uploading an accepted manuscript to a repository, authors should include the following acknowledgment as well as a link to the accepted version. This will connect the published version to the AM version in the repository and help ensure that the article is cited correctly.
This is a pre-copyedited, author-produced version of an article accepted for publication in [insert journal title] following peer review. This accepted Version [insert complete citation information here] is available online at: xxxxxxx [insert URL and DOI of the article on the Journal website].
Published Version (PV) is defined here as the final typeset and edited version of the journal article that has been made available by JAYPEE JOURNALS on the respective journal website by formally and exclusively putting the article either in ‘online first’ or releasing it as a part of the complete issue of that journal.
The PV as it appears in the journal following copyediting and proof correction may not be deposited by authors in institutional repositories or posted to third party websites and made publicly available unless the article is published on an Open Access model licence (CC-BY-NC 4.0) that allows for such posting. Authors may share their PV with private groups within their institution or through private groups on non-commercial repositories that are signatories to the STM Voluntary principles for article sharing on Scholarly Collaboration Networks (SCN). The PV may not be uploaded or shared on commercial websites or repositories unless the website or repository has signed an agreement with JAYPEE JOURNALS permitting such uploading or sharing.
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
This Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement is based on the Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors as per Committee on Publication Ethics, 2011, ICMJE & WAME. Please visit Policy page for greater details.
- Jaypee Journals carry advertisements both digitally and in print. All these commercially sponsored advertisements are independent from editorial decisions.
- Jaypee Journals do not endorse any product or service marked as an advertisement or promoted by a sponsor in any of our publications. Editorial content is not compromised by commercial or financial interests, or by any specific arrangements with advertising clients or sponsors.
- Jaypee Journals reserves the right to decline any type of advertising that is damaging to the brand or is inappropriate to the content or deceptive or misleading. It should be verifiable. Advertisements should not claim extravagantly.
- Advertisements will not be accepted if they appear to be indecent or offensive in either text or artwork, or if they relate to content of a personal, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation, or religious nature.
- Jaypee Journals will not accept advertising for products or services known to be harmful to health (e.g. tobacco and alcohol products).
- Even if the advertisement has been implemented online, it will be withdrawn from the journal site at any time if the Jaypee Journals feel it's inappropriate.
- The product advertorial will not allow any treatment-specific or drug-specific campaign to be targeted to a specific article(s) or on any page where content relates to the product(s) is being advertised.
- Advertisers should make available to Jaypee Journals the marketing authorization and summary of product characteristics when submitting their advertisement. In the case of drug advertisements, the full generic name of each active ingredient should be clearly stated.
- Editorial decisions will not be influenced by current or potential sponsors and advertisers and will not be influenced by marketing decisions.
- Information about complaints concerning advertisements will be included in the Advertisements page.